Take action quickly when you have electrical issues at your home. Faulty wiring, overloaded circuit breakers, and other problems can increase your risk of a fire, so it’s important to have any issues inspected by a professional as soon as possible. Call Edison Electric, Inc. to have one of our experienced electricians perform the work and keep your home safe! When you book an appointment with us in the Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area, we promise to provide upfront pricing!
We bring fully-stocked service vehicles to every appointment to ensure we can get started on your repairs right away. Read our testimonials to see what our customers think of our services.
Proudly Serving Minneapoli-St. Paul & Surrounding Metro Area
We proudly provide electrical services to the following Twin Cities areas:
- Arden Hills
- Brooklyn Center
- Brooklyn Park
- Circle Pines
- Columbia Heights
- Coon Rapids
- Eden Prairie
- Forest Lake
- Golden Valley
- Lino Lakes
- Maple Grove
- Mounds View
- New Brighton
- New Hope
- St.Louis Park
- White Bear Lake
How to Keep Your Electrical Outlets Maintained
Keep your electrical outlets safe and functioning properly by keeping them maintained. Some ways to keep them working include:
- Gently insert plugs into outlets to cut down on the wear and tear.
- Shut off appliances, fixtures, and devices before unplugging them.
- When unplugging an item from an outlet, pull by the plug, not the cord.
- Don’t overload a unit with extension cords, appliances, and multi-way plugs.
- Schedule an appointment to have an electrical contractor inspect your devices to ensure they are functioning properly, are correctly wired, and are safely grounded.
Keep your appliances functioning properly by installing dedicated appliance circuits. Call us today to schedule services at your home!
Common Problems With Circuit Breakers
A malfunctioning circuit breaker can put your home at risk and cause inconveniences for your household. To avoid potentially dangerous situations, schedule services with an electrician if you experience any of these common issues with your unit:
- Miswired circuits: Bad wiring can cause minor issues like flickering lights, or can lead to more serious problems like your system shutting down.
- Overloaded circuits: Putting too much demand on circuits can cause a fire or risk injury.
- Short circuits: This can occur when a hot wire makes contact with a neutral wire, causing the electrical charge to bypass its normal route and create a dangerous current. This can lead to burned wires and can cause damage to your electronics or appliances.
- Buzzing noises: This acts as an alert to make you aware of a wiring problem or an overloaded breaker.
Are you moving and want to make sure your home’s electrical system is up-to-code to pass an inspection? Contact us to learn about our electrical services!
Signs Your Wiring Should Be Replaced
To prevent fires and other risks at your house, it’s important to replace outdated or damaged wiring. Some signs that can indicate you need a professional to install new wiring can include:
- The lights in your home dim periodically.
- The lights flicker, which can be due to poor connections.
- You smell an odor similar to burning plastic.
- There are sparks, flames, or smoke coming from the wires.
- The wires show signs of overheating.
- There are signs of scorching on electrical plates.
- The faceplates are hot to the touch.