When you need an electrical inspection, repair, or replacement, act quickly to keep your home safe. Call Edison Electric, Inc. for services in Bloomington, MN. A locally-owned, neighborhood electrician and proud member of the Better Business Bureau and Minnesota Electrical Association, we’ve been providing on-time electrical services to the Twin Cities since 2007. Providing fast service and accurate, upfront pricing before we begin all of our work has given us the honor of becoming the Bloomington electrician of choice for hundreds of satisfied customers.
As a small, privately-owned company, the most satisfying compliment we can receive is a recommendation from one happy customer to another. Please read our testimonials to hear from our happy Bloomington, MN customers.
Bloomington is a grand, sprawling city with much to offer, including on-time, dependable electrical service from Edison Electric, Inc. We service every corner of Bloomington - and we’ll be happy to help you. Some of the services we provide include:
- Home Rewiring Services
- Code Compliance
- Electrical Panel & Service Upgrades
- Troubleshoot & Repair
- Lighting Design, Installation and Replacement
- L.E.D. Lighting
- Electrical Outlets
- Appliance Circuits
- Ceiling Fan Installations
- Whole House Surge Protection
- GFCI Protection
- AFCI Protection
- Fire & CO2 Alarm
Benefits of AFCI Outlets
To keep your house up-to-code and ensure the safety of your family, you need to install AFCI receptacles throughout your home. These AFCI outlets can help protect your house from potential fire dangers. They can also offer these advantages:
- They can detect arc faults before they spark a fire.
- They protect the wiring in the event of an arc fault.
- They improve the safety of your home and your family.
Bloomington Electrical Code Compliance
When you buy or sell a house in Bloomington, the city requires point of sale repairs. While this can make the buying and selling process more complicated, it can be headache-free when you hire the right electrical company to complete the inspection and repairs. At Edison Electric, Inc. we are experienced at handling these types of fixes and know how to repair all of the electrical issues associated with a point of sale inspection.
When moving into a new house, make sure the electrical system is safe for your family. Contact us to learn about our whole house safety inspection services.
Common Electrical Panel Issues
When your electrical panel starts to malfunction it’s important to get it repaired as soon as possible to reduce the risk of fire or other damage to your house. Some of the more common issues you might encounter with your unit can include:
- Overcrowding: Your home - especially if it’s older - might not have sufficient amps in the electrical panel. This can cause overcrowding that may be due to double-tapped breakers.
- Insufficient capacity: If you experience power surges and flickering lights when you use certain appliances or devices, it can mean that the electrical panel is too small for your home and you need more power.
- Corrosion: Any signs of rust, water damage, or other forms of corrosion should be inspected by a professional.
for Bloomington, MN
Troubleshoot non functioning 3 way switches. Corrected double tapped breakers. Corrected oversized circuit breaker. Corrected reverse polarity on outlet.
Install new light fixtures on high ceiling.