When the wiring in your home needs to be replaced, or you need your electrical system inspected before buying or selling a home, you need an experienced, licensed electrician. Look no further! Edison Electric, Inc. has been serving homeowners in Columbia Heights, MN since 2007. We’ve earned an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau by listening to our customers and providing fast, friendly service that homeowners can depend on.
As a small, local business, we rely on feedback and referrals. Read our testimonials to see what your neighbors think of our services.
Flickering lights and broken plugs and switches are some common reasons to call Edison Electric, Inc. for electrical repairs. Replacing old fuse boxes, old receptacle outlets, and light switches are standard, everyday electrical repairs for our electricians in Columbia Heights, MN. We also offer the following services:
- Home Rewiring Services
- Code Compliance
- GFCI Protection
- AFCI Protection
- Electrical Panel & Service Upgrades
- Electrical Outlets
- Appliance Circuits
- Ceiling Fan Installations
- Troubleshoot & Repair
- Lighting Design, Installation and Replacement
- L.E.D. Lighting
- Whole House Surge Protection
- Fire & CO2 Alarm
Benefits of Installing USB Outlets in Your Home
How many iPads and phones does your household have? Charging these can take up all of your outlets. To be able to keep your devices charged and still have other outlets available for other electronics you can add USB outlets to your house. Installing these units can provide the following advantages:
- Avoid overloading outlets: Plugging power strips or multiple plugs into an outlet can pose an electrical safety risk at your home. Installing a USB outlet lets you have outlets dedicated to charging these devices and frees up the regular outlets for appliances, lamps, and electronics.
- Don’t need adapters: Plugging devices directly into a USB outlet eliminates the need to keep extra adapters around the house.
- Charge devices faster: Charging a device through a laptop or TV can take a long time to get it fully powered back up. Instead, plugging devices directly into a USB outlet can charge it much faster.
Get Upfront Pricing on Your Electrical Repairs
When you schedule services with a professional, do you prefer to know the cost before you’re handed a bill? We do, too. With Edison Electric, Inc. you will always know the total cost of work before your electrician gets started.
When you schedule services with us, your licensed electrician will call you on the way to your home, evaluate your electrical needs, and share the detailed total bill with you prior to starting work. Our upfront pricing is straightforward so you know what to expect every time.
Contact us to learn about the services our licensed electricians provide to the Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area.
What to Expect During Panel Inspections
To ensure your property’s breaker panel is functioning properly, it’s important to schedule regular professional inspections with an electrician. When a professional arrives at your house, he or she may perform the following tasks on the unit:
- Check the electrical meter to make sure it’s functioning properly.
- Inspect the cables for any damage.
- Examine the grounding system.
- Check the electrical panel for signs of wear and tear.
- Inspect the panel for overcrowding.
- Look for wiring issues.
- Look for surge protection on the panel and on appliances.
for Columbia Heights, MN
Very good service,did not get a different estimate to be able to determine relative level of cost.
Blugotch - Columbia Heights, MN
Good outfit, will contact them again for any electrical work. I initially picked them for proximity and BBB rating, I think.
Robert - Columbia Heights, MN
We have used Edison for our needs and they have been Friendly and Professional. They always know how to fix the issue/
Circuit and wiring for window A/C units
Installed customer supplied exhaust fan. Installed new switching so fan was controlled separate. Installed circuit and gfci for bathroom.
Reinstalled outdoor light fixtures and outlets after home was resided
Rewired outdoor outlet and installed GFCI protection. Removed illegal splice buried in wall
Recessed lighting repair