Edison Electric, Inc. is a locally owned and operated residential electrical repair business that has provided Eagan, MN homeowners with superior electrical services since 2007. A proud member of the Minnesota Electrical Association, we provide services to hundreds of customers each year. Whether you need a ceiling fan replaced or you are adding whole-house surge protection, we offer complete residential electrical services!
Being a smaller, privately owned electrical repair company, much of our business comes from repeat customers and referrals from existing clients. Read our testimonials to hear from our happy Eagan, MN customers.
Whether you live in a townhome built in the 1970s or a brand new single-family house, Edison Electric, Inc. will provide fast, expert electrical repair services you can depend on. Here are just some of our services:
- Ceiling Fan Installations
- Troubleshoot & Repair
- Home Rewiring Services
- Electrical Panel & Service Upgrades
- Electrical Outlets
- Code Compliance
- GFCI Protection
- AFCI Protection
- Appliance Circuits
- Lighting Design, Installation and Replacement
- L.E.D. Lighting
- Whole House Surge Protection
- Fire & CO2 Alarm
When to Replace Your GFCI Outlets
You rely on ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) to keep your home safe by protecting your property and your family from electrical shocks. That’s why it’s important to know when these outlets need to be replaced to ensure your household continues to be protected. Call an electrician to replace your outlets if you notice these signs:
- Outlets keep tripping: If your outlet starts to trip more than usual you should test it to ensure it’s working properly. This can be done by plugging an item into the outlet and pressing the Test button. This should cause the item to turn off. Then press the Reset button to turn the item back on. If it doesn’t, then the outlet is not functioning properly and should be replaced.
- Cracked or damaged outlets: Any damaged outlets should be replaced. Cracks can expose the electrical wiring and pose potential electrical hazards, which puts your household at risk.
- Plugs slide out of outlets: As outlets age and show signs of wear and tear, connections may not fit into plugs as well as they used to. If plugs start to slide out of outlets it can be time to replace the device.
Common Code Compliance Issues on Home Inspection Reports
Home inspections are typically performed when you buy or sell a house. When examining the electrical system, some of the most common electrical issues reported include:
- Double-tapped circuit breakers
- GFCI protection
- Electrical panel repairs
- Smoke alarms
- Un-grounded outlets
- Junction box covers
- Extension cord wiring
- Illegal closet lighting
If you need these issues repaired, call Edison Electric, Inc. to have our expert electricians make the fixes.
Contact us to have our licensed electricians inspect your electrical system to ensure it’s up-to-code.
Benefits of Having Dedicated Circuits for Your Appliances
Many of our Eagan customers have upgraded the appliances in their kitchens to energy-efficient models. During the process, many are choosing to change their range hoods to the vent-less microwave combination units to save counter-top space. In most cases, a dedicated 20 amp circuit is needed to properly power the new microwave unit. Whether your electrical panel is in your garage or in your basement, we will provide you with all the options to install dedicated circuits for any new appliances in your home.