Are your lights flickering, or your outlets buzzing and you’re not sure why? You need a licensed electrician to inspect the issue. Call Edison Electric, Inc. We are a locally owned and operated electrical service company providing Eden Prairie homeowners with on-time, quality residential repairs since 2007. An active member of the Minnesota Electrical Association, we provide expert service to hundreds of Minnesota homeowners each year. Whether you are upgrading your light fixtures or need expert electrical diagnosis and repair, we offer complete residential electrical services to Eden Prairie, MN.
As a smaller, privately owned electrical repair company, roughly 35% of our business comes from satisfied repeat customers and referrals. Recommendations from satisfied customers have been the driving force in our growing business. Read our testimonials to see comments from our happy Eden Prairie customers.
Edison Electric, Inc. offers complete residential electrical repair and installation services in Eden Prairie, MN. We have thousands of satisfied customers and can efficiently handle all of your electrical needs. Here are some examples of our services:
- Troubleshoot & Repair
- Lighting Design, Installation and Replacement
- Home Rewiring Services
- Electrical Panel & Service Upgrades
- Electrical Outlets
- Code Compliance
- GFCI Protection
- AFCI Protection
- Appliance Circuits
- Ceiling Fan Installations
- L.E.D. Lighting
- Whole House Surge Protection
- Fire & CO2 Alarm
Potential Outlet Issues to Watch for
Faulty or broken outlets can pose a risk to your family and home. To avoid potential dangers, including fires, it’s important to have any issues repaired by an electrician as soon as possible. Some problems to watch for include:
- Worn-out slots: As slots wear out, the contact points lose the ability to hold the plug, which can create electrical resistance and heat. This can lead to wiring problems and can potentially cause a circuit breaker to trip.
- Loose wire connections: Circuit wire connections can begin to loosen over time. If they become too loose, it can cause a circuit breaker to trip.
- Cracks: Cracks in the body of outlets can be potentially dangerous, as they can allow dust or debris to enter the receptacle.
- Improper rating: Outlets are rated for a particular amount of amps, typically 15 or 20. Make sure the outlets you are using are appropriate for the items you are plugging into them.
- No ground connection: If an outlet has not been properly connected to the circuit grounding wire it should be inspected and corrected by a professional.
- Lack of AFCI or GFCI Protection: Electrical codes require that outlets in most areas of your home have arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) or ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protection. Have an electrician inspect your outlets to make sure they are up-to-code.
Why Timely Replacement of Your Electrical Panel Is Important
The electrical panel is the supervisor of your electrical system. The circuit breakers inside your unit are responsible for making decisions on when to automatically shut off power when problems arise. Because of this, it is important that circuit breakers are properly installed and maintained to ensure maximum safety. Many electrical panels in Eden Prairie, MN are 35 years or older and may need to be replaced. Give us a call today to learn more about the potential fire hazards associated with certain electrical panels installed before 1980.
Contact us to learn about the complete electrical services we provide to the Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area.
Common Electrical Repairs Reported During Home Inspections
Home inspections are typically performed when buying or selling a home. During these examinations, some of the most common electrical issues discovered can include:
- Double-tapped circuit breakers
- GFCI protection
- Electrical panel repairs
- Smoke alarms
- Ungrounded outlets
- Junction box covers
- Extension cord wiring
- Illegal closet lighting
Call Edison Electric, Inc. to have one of our licensed electricians make the repairs quickly and safely.