When you need electrical repairs in your home ranging from upgrading your circuit panel to replacing outlets, it’s important to schedule an appointment with a professional. Call Edison Electric, Inc. We are a locally owned and operated electrical repair company that has provided Edina, MN homeowners with superior electrical service since 2007. We are an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota and service hundreds of homeowners each year. We take the safety of you and your family seriously, which is why we only employ drug-free professionals who are trained in residential service. Call us to schedule an appointment today!
Curious why your Edina, MN neighbors trust us with their electrical work? Read our testimonials to find out!
Whether you are upgrading your light fixtures, adding an outlet for your flat screen television or replacing your electrical panel, we offer complete residential electrical services in Edina. We can efficiently handle all of your electrical needs, including:
- Fire & CO2 Alarm
- Home Rewiring Services
- Code Compliance
- LED Lighting
- Electrical Outlets
- Appliance Circuits
- Electrical Panel & Service Upgrades
- Troubleshoot & Repair
- Lighting Design, Installation, and Replacement
- Ceiling Fan Installations
- Whole House Surge Protection
- GFCI Protection
- AFCI Protection
Common Problems With GFCI Outlets
You are required to have functioning GFCI outlets in rooms of your home where water is present. Because these units help protect you and your family from electrocution, it’s important to keep them in good working condition. If you notice the following issues with your devices you should schedule repairs with a professional:
- Wear and tear: If your outlet is getting older, or if you’re noticing that it trips more than usual, it can be a sign of aging. Installing a new outlet should correct the problem.
- Issue with black and white wires: If you have a newer GFCI outlet and you’re experiencing issues, it could be a problem with the black and white wires in the outlet. A contractor can inspect the outlet and its wires to diagnose the issue.
- Defective circuit: If your GFCI outlets are connected, if one trips then they will all trip. A professional can inspect the outlets and determine if they are connected to the entire circuit and if the panel wires are connected to the correct line terminals.
Benefits of Hiring Residential Electricians for Your Home Repairs
Not all electricians are the same. While most technicians are trained in construction and work on job sites with other trades, Edison Electric, Inc. is a business made up of electricians devoted to serving homeowners. We know your home is not a construction site and we take the proper steps to ensure a clean, positive service experience. Our technicians receive ongoing electrical code training and wear name tags, boot covers, and clean uniforms. They are professionals who show up on-time, like their jobs and enjoy solving electrical problems. Our electricians are the face of our company and take pride in being the best at what they do.
Contact us to schedule electrical repairs in your Twin Cities home.
Why You Need to Upgrade Your Circuit Panels
Old or outdated electrical panels can be dangerous and should be replaced by a licensed electrician who is familiar with Edina homes and has plenty of expertise replacing outdated electrical panels. Give us a call today to learn more about the potential fire hazards associated with some of the electrical panels installed before 1980.