Do you need an experienced, licensed electrician in Hugo, MN? Call Edison Electric, Inc. today! We’ve been providing superior electrical services to Hugo residents since 2007. Complete dedication to homeowner’s needs and providing safe, professional electrical service has helped us earn an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota.
As a locally-owned business, we love to hear from our customers on how we’re doing. Read our testimonials to see what our clients have to say about our work.
Do you want to add energy-efficient recessed lighting to your home? Do you need an outlet for a wall-mounted flat-screen TV? We can take care of these residential electrical issues in Hugo! Some of our other services include:
- Home Rewiring Services
- Electrical Panel & Service Upgrades
- Electrical Outlets
- Troubleshoot & Repair
- Lighting Design, Installation and Replacement
- Code Compliance
- GFCI Protection
- AFCI Protection
- Appliance Circuits
- Ceiling Fan Installations
- L.E.D. Lighting
- Whole House Surge Protection
- Fire & CO2 Alarm
When to Replace Your GFCI Outlets
Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) keep your home safe by protecting your property and its occupants from electrical shocks. To keep your family safe, it’s important to replace these units before they stop working. Some signs to watch for that can indicate your outlets need to be replaced include:
- Outlets trip: If your outlet starts to trip more than usual you should test it to ensure it’s working properly.
- Cracked or damaged outlets: Any damaged outlets should be replaced. Cracks can expose the electrical wiring and pose potential electrical hazards, which can put your household at risk.
- Plugs slide out of outlets: As outlets age and show signs of wear and tear, connections may not fit into plugs as well as they used to. If plugs start to slide out of outlets it can be time to replace the device.
Circuit Breaker Issues That Can Require Repairs
You rely on your circuit breaker to keep your home’s electrical system working properly. When you notice an issue you should call an electrician to have it repaired quickly. Some issues you might encounter include:
- Miswired circuits: Bad wiring can cause issues ranging from flickering lights to complete system shutdowns. To determine the cause, hire an electrician to inspect and diagnose the problem.
- Overloaded circuits: Too much demand on a circuit can cause a fire. Have an electrician inspect the outlet to correct it.
- Short circuits: Short circuits can potentially lead to burned wires and can cause damage to your electronics or appliances. If you notice any symptoms of this, call an electrician to repair the issue.
- Buzzing noises: These noises should not be ignored as they can alert you to a wiring problem or an overloaded breaker.
Contact us to learn about the complete electrical services we provide to the Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN area.
Know the Cost of Your Electrical Repairs in Advance
We know you’ll agree – it is wise to know how much a service costs before you decide to make a purchase. Here’s our promise to you: You will always know the total cost of work before your electrician gets started. Our service visits are very straightforward. Your licensed electrician will call you on the way to your home, evaluate your electrical needs, and share the detailed total bill with you prior to starting work. We call it upfront pricing – our customers love it!
for Hugo, MN
Outstanding Customer Service
Kathy - Hugo, MN
I recently had a waterproofing system installed. When this was completed I needed some 20 amp outlets to plug in the sump pumps and de-humidifier. Edison Electric came out the next day and installed the necessary plugs. Couldn't have asked for a more responsive and quick installation. Great job!!
Paulette - Hugo, MN
Dyle did a great job and answered all our questions.
Install 50amp sub panel near garage. Install 5 dedicated 20 amp circuits and outlets with GFCI protection for triple safe sump system and de-humidifier.
Removed to non functioning light fixtures. Installed two new recessed light fixtures with LED trims.
Replace outdated light fixtures in bathrooms and bedroom. Install gfci protection for outdoor outlet. Install in use bubble covers for outdoor outlets.
Install 240 volt 50 amp sub panel in garage.