Are your outlets buzzing or your lights flickering? You need residential electrical services. Call Edison Electric, Inc. for services in Golden Valley, MN. In business since 2007, we are members of the Minnesota Electrical Association. Our dedication to superior service has also earned our small company an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota. Call us today to schedule repairs at your Twin Cities home!
Our expert electricians bring experience and quality repairs to every job. Read our testimonials to see what our clients think of our work!
Edison Electric, Inc. offers complete residential electrical repair and installation services in Golden Valley, MN. We are fully licensed, bonded, insured, and trained to handle all of your electrical needs. Here are some examples of our services:
- Home Rewiring Services
- Code Compliance
- Electrical Panel & Service Upgrades
- GFCI Protection
- AFCI Protection
- Troubleshoot & Repair
- Lighting Design, Installation and Replacement
- L.E.D. Lighting
- Electrical Outlets
- Appliance Circuits
- Ceiling Fan Installations
- Whole House Surge Protection
- Fire & CO2 Alarm
Why You Should Upgrade Your Outlets
One of the most common repairs we make is replacing switches and outlets. Many of our customers opt for energy savings and upgrade their switches to future-ready dimmer switches capable of dimming any kind of light bulb. Common outlet upgrades include installing three-prong grounded outlets and safety enhancements like GFCI and AFCI receptacles – an added level of protection against shock and fire hazards. Our electricians will make the recommendations, you make the decisions!
Prepare Your Electrical System for a Home Inspection
One of the most stressful parts of selling your home can be the inspection. What if it doesn’t pass? What if there are large repairs that need to be made? Prepare your house ahead of time to ensure your house is ready for the examination. Some of the most common repairs you can make ahead of time include:
- Check the outdoor faucets to ensure they have backflow preventers. These make sure that water coming from the outdoor faucet only flows out, eliminating the risk of any contaminated water entering the water supply.
- Test your smoke alarms. Make sure each detector works properly and has new batteries. Also, check to ensure you have the right amount of alarms in your house - typically one on each floor and one outside each bedroom.
- Examine each pipe under a sink or tub to look for leaks.
Do you need an inspection performed on the house you’re buying or selling? Contact us to schedule services on your Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN home.
Get Upfront Pricing Before Your Electrical Repairs Are Completed
We believe that our customers should know the cost of their electrical repairs before services are performed. That’s why we provide our customers with upfront pricing. When you book an appointment with us, we send one of our expert residential electricians to your Golden Valley home in a fully-stocked service vehicle to evaluate your electrical needs. Your electrician will thoroughly look things over and provide you with pricing for each electrical task you want to be completed. After we discuss all options and pricing with you, we can begin work on the spot.
Common Electrical Panel Issues
Problems with your electrical panel can be dangerous and can pose a risk of fire. That’s why when an issue occurs it’s important to have it repaired as soon as possible by a residential electrician. Some common issues you might encounter with your unit can include:
- Overcrowding: If your house doesn’t have enough amps in the panel it can cause overcrowding. Professionals can eliminate double-tapped breakers.
- Insufficient capacity: If your lights flicker when appliances are in-use it can signal your panel is too small for your household’s needs.
- Corrosion: If you see rust, water damage, or other signs of corrosion the system should be inspected and repaired by a professional.
for Golden Valley, MN
Amy T. - Golden Valley, MN
I had an amazing experience with Edison Electric. Upon coming out (on time, I might add) Dyle efficiently determined different options for what would be appropriate for the electrical needs of my home, listing the pros and cons of each option. After deciding which way to go, he began working immediately to get the project done the same day. His work was meticulous. I was so impressed with how cleanly he worked too (always wearing booties over shoes inside, vacuuming every inch of the area he worked). I know that area of my home where he worked was cleaner when he left than when he arrived! During Dyle's visit I asked if he could do another project for me. It was a two man job. Within no time, Joe from Edison Electric was there to get the job done. He, too, was also very kind, courteous, and showed excellent work. They got the job done. Without a doubt I would recommend Edison Electric! I love what they did for my home!
Second floor rewire
Second floor retire
Installed ethernet cabling in home.
Installed new coaxial Outlet. Wall mounted 60" television