Are you looking for a reliable Maplewood electrician? Whether you need to install new lights, upgrade your circuit panel, or replace your outdated outlets, call Edison Electric, Inc. Serving homeowners in the Twin Cities area since 2007, our continued dedication to superior residential service has earned our company the coveted A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota. We perform quality electrical repairs every day for homeowners just like you, so if you are in need of a professional Maplewood, MN electrician, give your friends at Edison Electric, Inc. a call today!
Read our testimonials to see why your Twin Cities neighbors call us when they need residential electrical repairs.
We offer complete residential services in Maplewood, MN. We are fully insured, bonded, licensed, and trained to handle all of your home electrical needs. Some of our expert electrical services include:
- GFCI Protection
- AFCI Protection
- Home Rewiring Services
- Code Compliance
- Electrical Panel & Service Upgrades
- Troubleshoot & Repair
- Lighting Design, Installation and Replacement
- L.E.D. Lighting
- Electrical Outlets
- Appliance Circuits
- Ceiling Fan Installations
- Whole House Surge Protection
- Fire & CO2 Alarm
Outlet Issues That Require Professional Repairs
Outlets may look like small devices in your home, but malfunctioning units can cause big problems. If you notice the following issues with your outlets you should schedule an appointment with an electrician as soon as possible:
- Worn-out slots: If your outlets have loose contact points and the plug is no longer being held securely in the unit, it can create electrical resistance and heat, which can cause the circuit breaker to trip.
- Loose wire connections: If wire connections become too loose they can cause circuit breakers to trip.
- Cracks: Cracks in the body of devices can allow dust or debris to enter the unit.
- Improper rating: Outlets are rated for a particular amount of amps, typically 15 or 20. Make sure the outlets you are using are appropriate for the items you are plugging into them.
- No ground connection: If an outlet has not been properly connected to the circuit grounding wire, or if the system isn’t grounded, it needs to be inspected by a professional.
- Lack of AFCI or GFCI Protection: If outlets in certain areas of your home are not up-to-code by following AFCI and GFCI requirements, have an electrician upgrade your devices to keep your household safe.
Have an Old Electrical Panel? Let Our Electricians Inspect It
Are you concerned about the electrical panel in your home? Do you have a Federal Pacific Electrical panel or an old fuse box lurking in your basement? Our professionals will come and evaluate the situation and provide all the options and pricing to make your home a safer place to live. Our electricians have the experience and training to properly inspect, repair, and if necessary, replace the hazardous electrical panel in your home the same day we arrive.
Contact us when you need residential electrical services performed at your home. We can cover all issues - from minor repairs to large installations.
Get Upfront Pricing Before Your Electrical Repairs Are Completed
At Edison Electric, Inc. we believe that our customers should always know the total cost of repair work before we get started. When you hire us, our service process is very simple. First, we send one of our uniformed, licensed electricians to your Maplewood home in a fully-stocked service vehicle. Then, your electrician will evaluate your electrical needs and provide you with upfront pricing for each electrical task you want to be completed. Finally, after we discuss all options and pricing with you, we can begin the work right then.
How to Prepare for a Housing Inspection
Don’t stress about your housing inspection. Instead, prepare your house now. Some of the most common repairs homeowners can make before an inspection include:
- Make sure your outdoor faucets have backflow preventers to ensure contaminated water doesn’t enter the water supply.
- Check your smoke alarms to ensure they work and they have new batteries. You should also make sure you have them installed in the required places throughout your home.
- Look for leaky pipes near your sinks and tubs.
for Maplewood, MN
Robert - Maplewood, MN
Timely, helpful, all around good work
Maria - Maplewood, MN
Dyle @ Edison was great! He helped us correct some electrical issues that were long overdue.
Installed 2 new 20 amp circuits to garage for power tools. Installed gfci protection for all new outlets.
Troublecall. Found burned up outlet to top back stabbed outlet and electric fire place not on dedicated circuit. We replaced burned up outlet and installed AFCI protection for circuit.
Install outdoor gfci outlet.
Correct oversized breakers. Correct bonding and grounding issues.