When you need electrical repairs in your home ranging from troubleshooting an issue to rewiring your house, call a company you can trust. Edison Electric, Inc. is a locally owned and operated electrical repair company providing superior electrical service to Shoreview homeowners since 2007. We are an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau of Minnesota with an A+ rating and we earn the trust of hundreds of new customers each year. Our Shoreview, MN electricians take the safety of you and your family very seriously, which is why we only employ drug-free professionals.
Read our testimonials to read what our customers think of our services. We love getting feedback from our clients!
Whether you are replacing your ceiling fans, adding an outlet for your flat-screen television, or need your electrical panel replaced, we offer full residential electrical repair services in Shoreview. Some of our services include:
- Home Rewiring Services
- Appliance Circuits
- Ceiling Fan Installations
- Troubleshoot & Repair
- Electrical Panel & Service Upgrades
- Electrical Outlets
- Code Compliance
- GFCI Protection
- AFCI Protection
- Lighting Design, Installation and Replacement
- L.E.D. Lighting
- Whole House Surge Protection
- Fire & CO2 Alarm
How to Keep Your Electrical Outlets Maintained
When you think of items around your home you need to maintain, you might first think of your appliances and HVAC systems. Outlets likely aren’t at the top of the list. However, you rely on these units to keep your electronics and appliances running, and therefore it’s important to keep them functioning properly. Use these tips to keep them maintained:
- Be careful when inserting plugs into outlets to reduce wear and tear.
- Shut off appliances, fixtures, and devices before unplugging them.
- Make sure to pull by the plug, not the cord, when unplugging an item from an outlet.
- Don’t overload a unit with extension cords, appliances, and multi-way plugs.
- Schedule an appointment with a professional to have an electrician inspect the units to make sure they are working properly.
Common Code Compliance Issues on Home Inspection Reports
Home inspections are typically performed on houses in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN areas before a sale is final. When a professional completes the inspection, some of the most common electrical issues listed on reports include:
- Double-tapped circuit breakers
- GFCI protection
- Electrical panel repairs
- Smoke alarms
- Ungrounded outlets
- Junction box covers
- Extension cord wiring
- Illegal closet lighting
Benefits of Hiring a Dedicated Residential Electrician
As is the case with other professions, not all electricians are the same. Most technicians are experienced in new construction and work on job sites with other trades. Edison Electric, Inc. is different - we are a business devoted to serving homeowners and their residential electrical needs. We know your home is not a construction site and we take the proper steps to ensure a clean, positive service experience. Our electricians receive ongoing training and wear name tags, boot covers, and clean uniforms. They are professionals who show up on time and take a personal interest in being exceptional. Our electricians are the face of our company and take pride in being the best at what they do.
When you need an electrician to troubleshoot an electrical issue in your home, contact us to schedule an appointment.
Risks of Using Outdated Electrical Panels
Old or outdated electrical panels can be dangerous. These should be replaced by a licensed electrician who is familiar with Shoreview, MN houses and has plenty of experience replacing outdated electrical panels. Give us a call today and ask for more details about the potential fire hazards associated with some electrical panels installed before 1980.
for Shoreview, MN
Amy - Shoreview, MN
Dyle Westman explained everything well, and worked quickly and efficiently. We are pleased with the outcome, and pleased with the service. Thanks, Dyle!
Great and very professional service
Beth - Shoreview, MN
Dyle was very kind and patient going through each option available!
Friendly and efficient. Looks good. Good price.
christian - Shoreview, MN
- Scheduling: I filled out the online form. They called me back within a few hours. I was scheduled for a week out but put on a waiting list for a few days later. There was a cancellation and I got service earlier. - Service: Dyle from Edison Electric was friendly and efficient. He estimated the cost of the services he was going to provide and when completed was below the estimate. He educated me on how the circuits and devices were supposed to work and how to know if they were not functioning as expected. The work was cosmetically great and he cleaned up when he was done. He recommended some services that helped save me some additional money. Price: The price seemed quite fair to me for the work involved, but I haven't hired many electricians.
Power loss to master bedroom
Replaced outdated smoke detectors and installed 10 year batteries in new detectors. Installed gfci and afci protection for kitchen outlets. Corrected doubled tapped circuit breaker.
Troubleshoot smoking light fixture. Found bad connection in Edison base on fixture.
Kitchen island outlet and kitchen pendant lights
Install GFCI outlets on kitchen countertop Outlets. Install GFCI protection for garage Outlet.