When you need residential electrical repairs, you need a local electrician you can trust. Call Edison Electric, Inc. In business since 2007, we can handle all of your electrical needs, from upgrading your light fixtures to installing a whole-house surge protector. We are active members of the Minnesota Electrical Association and Better Business Bureau and provide expert service to hundreds of Minnesota customers each year. Call us today to schedule an appointment in Woodbury, MN.
Being a smaller, privately owned electrical repair company we love to get feedback -- and referrals! - from our clients. Read our testimonials to see what your Woodbury neighbors think of our services.
Edison Electric, Inc. offers complete residential electrical repair and installation services in Woodbury, MN. We have thousands of satisfied customers and will be able to efficiently handle all of your electrical needs. Some examples of our services include:
- Home Rewiring Services
- Code Compliance
- Electrical Panel & Service Upgrades
- Lighting Design, Installation and Replacement
- L.E.D. Lighting
- GFCI Protection
- AFCI Protection
- Troubleshoot & Repair
- Electrical Outlets
- Appliance Circuits
- Ceiling Fan Installations
- Whole House Surge Protection
- Fire & CO2 Alarm
Signs That Indicate Your Outlets Need to Be Repaired
It’s important to have fully functioning outlets to keep your house safe. If you notice the following signs you should schedule repairs with an electrician to have your units inspected and repaired:
- Worn-out slots: If the plug is no longer being held securely in the unit, it can create electrical resistance and heat. This can cause the circuit breaker to trip.
- Loose wire connections: If wire connections become too loose they can cause circuit breakers to trip.
- Cracks: Dust or debris can enter units through cracks and cause damage to the units.
- Improper rating: If outlets don’t have enough amps they won’t be able to properly power the devices plugged into them.
- Lack of AFCI or GFCI protection: You must have AFCI and GFCI outlets installed in certain areas of your home to keep it up-to-code.
Check Your Smoke Alarms Before a Home Inspection
During a home inspection, professionals are looking at many areas of the house to ensure it is functioning properly and its systems are working safely. One way you can prepare for your inspection is to ensure you have the correct amount of working smoke detectors installed. Test the devices to ensure they are functioning and change the batteries. You should also make sure you have one unit installed on each floor, and that there is an alarm outside of each sleeping area.
Contact us when you need residential electrical services in your home, from installing carbon monoxide detectors to upgrading your wiring system.
Importance of Having Updated Electrical Panels
The electrical panel is the distribution center for all of the electricity in your home. The circuit breakers inside your electrical panel are responsible for making sure power is automatically shut off when problems arise. To ensure that your system works properly, you should have a unit older than 35 years old replaced. Give us a call today to learn more about the potential fire hazards associated with certain electrical panels installed before the year 1980.
for Woodbury, MN
Francois - Woodbury, MN
Prompt and Efficient
Mark - Woodbury, MN
Sump pump circuit and double tapped breakers
Replaced old rusty outdated light fixture on back of home. Replace defective photo eye for front walkway light. Replaced 8 outdated hard wired smoke detectors throughout home.
Installing light fixture
Troubleshoot phone line that is shorting out.