Do you want to make a fast and cost-effective change to your house? Consider adding new indoor lighting. New lights can add both dramatic and calming effects to your house, depending on the mood you’re looking for. Call Edison Electric, Inc. when you need recessed can lights and track lighting adding to your Minneapolis or Saint Paul, MN home. When you schedule an appointment with us we will provide upfront pricing!
Save money on your electric bill with dimmer lighting. Contact us to learn about our dimmer switch installation services.
Benefits of LED Lighting
Want to improve the lighting in your home and save money on your electric bill? Changing your incandescent light bulbs to LED bulbs can be the solution. Some of the benefits of LED lights can include:
- More energy-efficiency: LED light bulbs use less power than incandescent bulbs. This can result in lower energy bills.
- Longer lifespan: LED bulbs have a larger lifespan than incandescent and fluorescent bulbs, lowering your maintenance and replacement costs.
- Safer: These bulbs don’t generate as much heat as other types, reducing the risk of burns and potential fires by items overheating.
- Environmentally friendly: LEDs are made of non-toxic materials, which are safer for the environment than other types.
- More variety: LEDs come in a variety of colors, giving you more options when selecting bulbs.
Track Lighting vs. Recessed Lighting
When installing new lights in your home, two types you can choose from include track lighting and recessed lighting. Take a look at some of the benefits of each.
- These lights take up less visual space, which can create the feeling of a larger room.
- Because these lights are installed within the ceiling, there is no light fixture that will hang down, making them ideal for rooms with low ceilings.
- Like spotlights, these can be focused on specific areas, including art pieces, furniture, or other features.
- These lights are waterproof, making them ideal for rooms with water in them, like bathrooms.
- You can find recessed lights in a variety of colors to give yourself options when selecting lights and bulbs.
- Track lighting can be easier to install than other lighting options. These are mounted onto the ceiling surface, resulting in a non-invasive installation.
- There are many different varieties of track lighting available, giving you more flexibility when selecting a light for your home.
- You can focus the lights on specific areas of the room you want to light up or draw attention to.
Make your yard and patio safer by installing new lights. Learn about our outdoor lighting services.
Why You Should Install Dimmer Switches in Your Home?
Installing dimmable lights in your home can provide many advantages in your house - including reducing costs and improving the look and feel of your home. These switches can provide the following:
- Energy savings: You are reducing the amount of power you are using when you dim the lights.
- Longer life span: These bulbs can last longer because there is less stress placed on them when they are being dimmed.
- Improve your health: Dimming the lights in the evening can help improve your sleep cycles as it can mimic the sun setting.
- Improve the look of a room: Dimmed lights can make a room feel more inviting and calming.
- Cost-effective: Dimmers can be a cost-effective way to change the look of your home. Ask your electrician for recommendations on what types would work best in your house.