Outdoor lighting can make your yard both inviting and safer. Adding patio lighting can make your yard cozy and intimate for cookouts and summer evenings outside. Motion-activated sensors and sensor lights can help make your property safer as they can deter intruders from entering your yard. Call Edison Electric, Inc. when you need outdoor lighting installed at your Minneapolis or Saint Paul, MN property. When you schedule an appointment with us we guarantee to provide upfront pricing.
Add a chandelier to your home to dress up any room. Learn about our ceiling fan and chandelier services.
Benefits of Security Lighting
Dark yards and shadowy places on your property can be inviting spaces for intruders. To make your house safer, install security lighting. This can both help improve your home’s curb appeal and add more light to make your house safer.
Some of the advantages of security lighting can include:
- It can deter burglars, vandals, and intruders from entering your property.
- It can discourage critters from hanging out in your yard or getting into your trash.
- It lets guests safely walk around your property by adding more lighting to walkways and outdoor spaces.
Types of Patio Lighting
Create an inviting outdoor space in your yard by adding lighting to your patio. There are several types of patio lights to select from, including:
- Spotlights: These lights point in one direction so you can focus on a particular feature of your yard, like a statue, plant, wall, or another object.
- Flood lights: These are typically used to light up large areas, like a patio or a driveway, from above.
- Up/down lights: These spotlights can be moved up or down to focus on a particular area of your yard.
- Step lights: These are used to illuminate stairs to increase safety.
- Garden lights: These let you show off your plants. They typically shine downwards and out to gently illuminate an area.
- Bollard lights: These posts with a light on the top can shine in all directions to light up an area.
- String lights: These can be strung over various areas and objects, including trees and hardscapes, to add subtle light to your yard.
Is your house up to code on its electrical services? Contact us to schedule a whole-house safety inspection.
Where to Install Motion Activated Lighting
Motion lights protect your property by turning on when motion is detected. This can deter intruders and keep your home secure. For maximum protection, it’s recommended to have a professional install motion-activated lights in the following areas of your property:
- Garage: Placing lights in the garage will help deter criminals from entering the area and stealing potentially expensive items. Units in this location will also provide light for when you work in the garage.
- Walkways: Units will illuminate the walkways to increase the safety of your family and guests.
- House entrances: Installing devices at your home’s doors and windows will deter intruders from breaking into your house.
- Gardens, pools, and open areas: Lighting up various areas of your yard can deter intruders from hiding in areas around your property. They can also help light up walking areas to keep your family and friends safe.